Monday, August 25, 2008

Owen, You're the MAN!


Spent and hour tonight trying to create a slide show for all you Owen fans out there who couldn't make it to his birthday bash today. It's great to learn new things. This really didn't turn out like I thought it would. I expected the slide show, which I had to use Picasa to create after uploading the pictures from my camera, would be embedded in the text of this post and you would be able to view it full screen. Hmmmmm. . . as you can see this is a sidebar feature and just a tad on the tiny side; put on your glasses, mom! Nonetheless it was kind of fun. (I know, it's an enviable existence when uploading photos is my entertainment) Okay, and one final note---if you go to Picasa there are captions to explain these sometimes complex, perplexing photos. I also thought the captions would be part of your blog experience.

I know many of you were hoping for a play-by-play of the Olympic Events, gold-medal winners, five-year old meltdowns and exquisite gifts but really, I'm just a little bit tired. So, we'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I do feel it imperitive that Harry has honorable mention for making his first and almost flawless cake for Owen. It was from a box, but he read the directions and executed them independently. For those who know Harry, this is the ONLY way to learn something new.

Owen, you really are the man. Thanks for gracing our lives these 5 years with your peaceful ways and boundless affection. You've always had a calming affect on us. I loved tonight when you said, "My gym teacher told me today that when we breathe like this (demonstration of hard, labored breathing) that our heart is getting stronger." You're a great listener. We should all be just a little more like you! Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

Scott W. Galer said...

Yes,Owen is the man. I love you little buddy!

Old Goat said...

O'boy!! You look like da man! I love you big man.

Jodi said...

Nice work on the cake Harry! Happy Birthday Owen - 5 is a great year.

Scott W. Galer said...

Wish you would write more...